1. MY DRONE WILL NOT CONNECT WITH THE CONTROLLER
Controllers are not cross compatible so ensure that are using the controller that came with your drone
Hold down the F-trim, B-trim, and power button for 5 seconds. The controller will beep once and then begin beeping continuously to indicate that it is searching for a drone. Turn the controller and drone off and back on again to see if they pair. Give them about 30 seconds. Make sure the drone is on a level surface (and NOT moving).
If that still doesn't work, make sure the drone's battery is fully charged and that you have fresh AAA batteries in the controller.
2. I CAN'T CONNECT TO THE WIFI (FORGOT PASSWORD)
Try resetting your drone's WiFi password. To do this, first turn on the controller and drone. Then hold down the "L" trim, "R" trim, and power button down simultaneously for 5 seconds (or until the controller beeps). The Wifi password is now erased, and you should be able to connect to the WiFi and set a new password in the app.
3. MY DRONE IS ASKING FOR A PASSWORD
You can make up any 8 character password
4. IS MY PHONE COMPATIBLE WITH THE APP
Here's a list of compatible devices: https://support.skyrocketon.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012253528-Sky-Viper-Supported-Mobile-Phones
5. The firmware update doesn't work
1. Turn off the Sky Viper Video Viewer app and ensure that it is not running in the background
2. Turn on your drone and controller (place the drone on a flat surface)
3. Open the wifi settings on your phone and forget all previous networks. It is best to turn off the phone data as well
4. Sellect the "SKYVIPER17_xxxxxx" SSID
If there is a password on the network and you do not know what the password is, reset the password by holding down the L trim, R trim, and Power buttons for 5 seconds.
5. Conect to the "SKYVIPER17_xxxxxx" WiFi network and ensure that your phone says it's connected (wait for all progress wheels etc. to stop spinning)
6. Open the Sky Viper Video Viewer app
7. Wait for the "create password" prompt to appear.
8. Enter your new password twice (must be exactly 8 characters)
9. Tap "apply"
10. Your phone will then automatically disconnect from the "SKYVIPER17_xxxxxx" network. Open the WiFi settings on your phone and connect to it again.
11. After you are fully connected to the "SKYVIPER17_xxxxxx" network again, return to the Sky Viper Video Viewer app.
12. The app will prompt you for a firmware update. Tap "confirm". Note: You don't need data or internet connection for the firmware update
13. The drone's LEDs will begin to flash rapidly during the firmware update. When they return to the normal flashing pattern, the drone is updated and the app will take you through the controller tutorial and then back to the main menu.
If the firmware update fails, just force quit the app and then open it again. Make sure your phone and drone are in close proximity as the phone needs a good connection to pass the firmware update to your drone.
14. Once back on the main menu, tap "Start" to begin viewing the video from your drone.
This article also available below as a Word Doc.