My phone will not connect to the Wi-Fi Game Hub
- Make sure you have Wi-Fi turned on in your device settings
- Make sure you locate and select the Recoil Game Hub Wi-Fi network from the list of nearby Wi-Fi networks
- Make sure the Wi-Fi Game Hub power LED is solid green before attempting to connect to it
- Make sure you are within range of the Recoil Game Hub
- Android Users – Make sure to turn on Airplane Mode or turn off Cell Data first prior to turning on Wi-Fi. Some Android devices will not be able to connect to the Recoil Wi-Fi Game Hub while Cell Data is turned on. Since the Recoil Game Hub does not have Internet connection, some Android devices try to use Cellular Data to assist in the connection and that may cause your device not to connect to the Recoil Game Hub.
My phone will not connect to the Recoil Weapon
- Make sure you have Bluetooth turned on in your device settings
- Make sure you are within Bluetooth range of your Recoil weapon
- Sometimes Recoil Weapons will be cross-paired to another phone or device. For best results in avoiding cross-pairing, pair one Recoil Weapon and one phone at a time. Once you’ve established that connection, follow the same steps to pair each weapon and phone individually until all weapons are paired.
GPS is not accurate or not working
- Make sure you are playing outdoors in an area not surrounded by tall buildings or structures. GPS accuracy depends on satellite coverage in your area. For best results, play outdoors in open spaces. GPS does NOT work indoors. To enjoy Recoil indoors, play the “Indoor Skirmish” game mode which does not use your phone’s GPS.
- Android Users – Make sure to set your GPS and Location Mode to ‘High Accuracy’ mode in your device settings for best GPS performance. Do NOT use Battery Saving mode as this will greatly reduce GPS accuracy.
Recoil Weapon range is too short
- A variety of environmental factors can impact your Recoil Weapon’s range such as daylight level and angle of the sun. Recoil weapons are designed to perform at long ranges outside, however, you will see range increase in shaded areas and times of day with less sunlight.
Wi-Fi Range is too short
- A variety of environmental factors can impact your Recoil Game Hub’s range. For best results, place the Recoil Game Hub off the ground on a surface 3-5 feet off the ground to avoid interference. Also, for best results, play Recoil in large open spaces away from tall buildings, structures, walls, metal structures, etc that could cause Wi-Fi interference or obstruction.